10 Interesting Facts To Know About Muvhango Actor Kgosi
He is one of the upcoming stars currently making waves in the industry. Tebatso Mashishi is a talented actor, writer and rapper, who burst in the scene a few years ago. Mashishi, who has albinism condition, has not let that stop him from working towards his dreams
- 27 year old Tebatso Mashishi, was born in Limpopo, in a village called Rathoke
- He graduated with a B tech degree from the Tshwane University of Technology’s Drama/Film department in the 2016.
- The following year enrolled and completed the acting program with the Duma Ndlovu Actor’s Academy at the Joburg Theatre. Mashishi also worked as a lighting assistant at the SABC.
- Mashishi has been involved in various major theatrical productions at SA State Theatre where he proved his talent countless times and followed in the steps of the legendary theatre player, Aubrey Sekhabi.
- Through his hard work, Mashishi has been nominated countless times in the Community Arts Dramaturgy Outreach (CADO) awards at the State Theatre.
- While he was still in his 3rd year of studying, Mashishi was lucky enough to get an acting job. He was cast as Biza (the mole) on the single season Mzanzi Magic Sotho show Ya Lla in 2015.
7. n 2019, Mashishi got his biggest break in a local hit movie, Matwetwe, where he played the role of Papi. His world has changed dramatically since the production received major recognition.
8. On a very sad note, Mashishi was with his Matwetwe co-star and friend Sibusiso Khwinana when was stabbed to death by a mugger two years ago. It is alleged that they were at the corner Pretorius and Steve Biko Streets when the deceased was confronted by a suspect who demanded his cellphone. As they were fighting for the cellphone, the deceased was allegedly stabbed, and died on the scene.
- Mashishi joined Muvhango in 2017 as a third assistant director. He was later offered the role of Kgosi, the long lost son of the rich and notorious businessman Khakhathi ‘KK’ Mulaudzi.
- Tebatso is also a rap musician of note. He raps under the stage called Prodykal son, taken from the Bible’s Prodigal Son story. He says creating music helps him to keep a level head.