10 interesting Facts You Didn’t Know About The River Actor (Zweli) Hlomla Dandala
Hlomla Dandala is a South African actor who currently plays the role of Zweli on The River, he is also a television presenter and director. Many recognize him as Jacob Makhubu from the thriller, ‘Jacob’s Cross. Hlomla Dandala also gained fame for playing Derek Nyathi in the South African soap opera, ‘Isidingo’. Let’s get to know Hlomla Dandala.
- Hlomla Dandalala was born on the 22nd of September 1974 in Mdantsane, Eastern Cape, South Africa.
- Hlomla was born to a perfect gentleman named Mvume Dandala and He is the firstborn and is followed by a sister known as Gqibelo.
- Hlomla began acting in high school and received positive comments which encouraged him to pursue acting.
- He studied Drama at Wits University.
- Hlomla Dandala made his television debut as early as 1995, in the reality show titled, ‘Channel O’.
- Hlomla also loves conjuring Instagram and Twitter storms.
- Hlomla Dandala is married to Brenda Dandala who is also a television presenter.
- Hlomla Dandala portrays the character of Zweli Dikana, a police commissioner who is married to a powerful mining lady Lindiwe played by the famous actress Sindi Dlathu.
- Hlomla speaks five languages namely, Afrikaans, English, Xhosa SeSotho and Zulu.
- Hlomla is highly active on Twitter and Instagram where he regularly bags attention.