Top 10 Things You didn’t know About Shaha 2020
The 25-year-old songbird is also known as Sha Sha whose real name is Charmaine Mapimbiro is the leading subject, the rope, in a bitter tug of war.
Sha Sha is in a unique and scarce company. The question is, how did she pull through, in a short period of time?
Mapimbiro obtained prominence as the mesmerising voice behind the current hit song Akulaleki by Samthing Soweto, Nge Thanda Wena by Mlindo The Vocalist and Scorpion King’s song We Mama.
Check out below The Top 10 things you did not know about the rising star:
- She was born at Mutare, Zimbabwe and sadly for her, her parents separated after her birth. She was raised by her grandmother and later moved to stay with her aunts.
2. She joined a choir, discovered that she could sing and began attending piano lessons for a while throughout her stay with her grandma.
3. Sha Sha knew that she had singing talent but didn’t take it seriously up until her close friends took her music to one of Zimbabwe’s largest radio stations.
4. Her career dates back to 2017. Sha Sha and Audius collaborated with Brain Soko who helped them to be in connect with other producers in South Africa. A well-known producer, Audius Mtawarira assisted her to improve her craft and became her mentor.
5. She came to South Africa to collaborate with a few artists and producers including Priddy Ugly and Rouge. Sha Sha was later featured on the albums.
6. Her uber driver formally introduced her to DJ Maphorisa and she performed him one of her ballads, and he approved it. From there, they both started working together.
7. Sha Sha has been recording for a long time now, her EP has been six (6) years in the making. According to her, ‘Blossom is the result of a lot of blood, sweat, and tears”.
8. Performing at Harare International Festival of the Arts (HIFA) is one of my biggest career highlights. I also shared the stage with the late Oliver Mtukudzi, which was unbelievable because I grew up listening to him.
9. The musician, who stated that she initially wanted to be a nurse, but she further said that she found her true calling after encouragement from peers.
10. Sha Sha confesses that she does not love the nightlife, she prefers rather spend her nights at home watching movies